Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Raining on Sunday











The pictures above are from this past Sunday. Just as we were heading out of the door for the Sunday evening service, the bottom fell out. We dont have any type of shelter to load the car so we waited for a few minutes to see if it would clear up. Eventually it did. We scampered to church(**being very careful not to draw attention to ourselves). As Leah grabbed the bags, I grabbed Jackson and the guitar and in we ran. Leah and I were supposed to sing, but due to our tardiness we were not sure of the plan. We got to sing and everything worked out! We were thankful for the rain, but the slow steady rains seem to be better for us than the downpours. God is in control and we know that, but its okay to wonder!!

** I have developed an unusual relationship with the Hartsville Police squad.
Just a tid bit - I have lived in Hartsville for 13 months, I have been pulled 5 times and Leah adds once herself. The cops have been out to our house at least 3 times about our dogs escaping and barking(which we have fixed now!)Everything from speeding, seatbelts,wreckless driving, crossing center line,transporting multiple loaded firearms, driving a vehicle without a registration, and just about anything else you can think of......We know they have jobs to do, but it seems as though they are beginning to pick on us just a wee bit. I was pulled just last Wednesday for seatbelt violation.....you may ask.. but why did they pull you over. A seatbelt violation. He was just riding behind me and realized I did not have my belt on. So he did his duty and pulled me over. While he was writing the ticket, I counted 7 people who passed me who did not have seatbelts on!!! Its a conspiracy, and my pockets are $25 lighter.

Out of all the items I mentioned above, I was speeding which I'll admit to, I didn't have my seatbelt on and my dogs do bark.....They are dogs. I also had a loaded firearm but with legitimate reason. So there...I plead my case! This is why we tried not to draw attention to ourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home