Then Came the Morning
I stole that title from an old gospel song that Guy Penrod used to sing. Well, I'm sure he still sings it, but it seemed to fit with what I had to say tonight. Leah and Jackson have drifted off to sleep. I have been blundering through old boxes and clothes trying to gather all of my hunting items together. Tomorrow is the beginning of deer season here in South Carolina. Honestly I enjoy most of the hunt. Some people like different aspects of the hunt, but I like most of them. The hunt gives opportunities to think about things you normally wouldn't. A silence, if you will, in the hectic scheme of life. If you see nothing, you enjoy being outside, the cool temperatures that come with hunting(usually), the friendships of the people you go with, and the social aspect of the relationships. Not to mention many times we eat!!! If you do have an opportunity to harvest some food, then you have many stories and a freezer full of satisfaction. All in all, I anticipate the morning because I have an opportunity to venture into God's creation and observe his handiwork. I also look forward to the morning because tomorrow we head to Tennessee for a mini vacation. We've got a cabin for the long weekend. Leah and I are excited. We will post pictures upon our return.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home